I feel the same way about the way I barbecue. I absolutely detest disposables because of their negative environmental impact and also because they encourage wastefulness. I made a film about it for the #2minutebeachclean project recently. Here it is:
Win a bucket Barby Portable BBQ set from Trespass
Of course it would be wrong of me to tell you not to do something without telling you what I think is the right thing to do, would it? And that, in the case of a summer barbecue, is to use charcoal from managed forests (many disposables do not) in a reusable BBQ. And if you need portability so you can BBQ on a campsite or in a field then a bucket BBQ is the answer.
As if by magic I was contacted recently by Trespass, the outdoor clothing people. They wanted to know if I was willing to work with them on some PR stuff for their cooking and eating ranges. I said yes and it was decided that we do a little competition to give away some summer camping gear. Their bucket Barby Portable BBQ Set is the perfect solution to this disposables issue. It comes in a bag so you can zip it up afterwards and take it home to use again on another sunny day. It has legs so it won't burn the grass and it has two levels for cooking. Perfect.
How to win? Just retweet!!!
I've got 2 of these little devils to give away. To be in with a chance, all you have to do is share this article on Twitter or Facebook. But just don't forget to tag me @campervanliving and @trespass in your tweet, along with the link to this blog post.
Something to cook on your new BBQ?
You can buy copies of some great camping and cooking books at martindorey.com.
Check out the Trespass cooking and eating range HERE.
Some small print...It's not much but here it is:
- Competition closes on 1st August 2016.
- Winners will be chosen at random from those who retweet on Twitter and include the tags @campervanliving and @trespass in their RT.
- I choose the winner.
- My decision is final.
- Winners will be contacted by DM on Twitter then via email after 1st August 2016.
- The BBQ will be sent out by Trespass. The books by me.
- Open to UK residents aged 18 and over only.
- No cash alternative is available to the prize.
- The final prize is dependent on the stock, sizing and colours available once the winner has been drawn (an equivalent prize may be offered in the unlikely scenario that the size is not in stock).