The Hamburger Song

This is a silly song. It's a cautionary tale about the perils of processed meat that I wrote it when I was at art college in the nineteen eighty somethings (not a great time for the processed meat industry). Over time the lyrics have been refined (?) but the message is essenitally the same: if you can, make them yourself (like the example shown above that I made)! My kids love it because they get to scream in the appropriate places. If anyone fancies singing it for themselves it goes to the same chord sequence as the Stray Cat Strut (remember that?) which is C, B#, A#, G (in the bar chord of E). The chorus goes C, G, C, G, C, G, F, G. Which is a lot of the same thing and not that difficult. At the very least you have to admire the rhyming of creuztfeldt-jacob disease with knees, Es and trees, even if the accusation might be on very shaky ground (lawyers take note).


VERSE 1:

I wish I was a hamburger all covered in cheese.
To be a Big Mac would be such a wheeze.
And when they put the bread on I'd give a little scream. (aaaaaah!)
I wish I was a hamburger I have a hamburger dream.

CHORUS 1:

I wish you were a hamburger too,
Big Mac or Whopper, it's up to you.
Or even a cheese burger,
I really don't mind,
Just as long as I can take you home at tea time.

REPEAT VERSE 1

REPEAT CHORUS 1:

VERSE 2:

I wish I was a hamburger all covered in cheese.

Although to be a Big Mac might not be such a wheeze.
When you're made from a***holes and a load of old knees*,
Pumped full of steroids and quite a few Es*,
Grazing land stolen from Brazilian trees*,
Killing people with your creutzfeldt-jacob disease*,
Making all the children morbidy obeeze*,
And I'll say it again 'cos here's the reprise.

(Note: *this is unconfirmed)

PAUSE:

When they put the bread on I'd give a little scream (aaaaaaaaah!)
I wish I was a hamburger I have a hamburger dream.

CHORUS 2:

Don't you wish you were a hamburger too?
Big Mac or Whopper? Up to you.
Of even a cheeseburger I really don't mind.
As long as I can take you home at tea time.



Comments

  1. I would very much like a *YouTube* rendition from the Dorey family *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What do you call yours? #mycampervaniscalled LOVE!

Countdown to a camper van adventure